Thursday, July 24, 2008

Update

On yesterday's post -

My sister just got a call from Suzanne and the coroner has ruled that cause of death was a burst aorta - a congenital, genetic weakening that chose this moment to burst.

All of the men on both sides of the family are to be tested, because it could have been treated had it been known - but it's not something routinely checked, I guess. So incredibly sad.

Ryan and Emily are supposed to leave for their 3-year aviation mission assignment in Alaska a week from Monday. Ryan was to speak Sunday at their send-off service. The funeral is Saturday, but I don't know the time yet. It will be at a very large church in the town north of us, because we don't have enough room in our church.

I just keep thinking of Dan going to bed that night and waking up in heaven. It is the only comforting thought right now - and the fact that he obviously did not suffer.

Thanks for your comments and your prayers.


10 comments:

Mike Golch said...

going quickly I think is the best was to go. That is how my FIL went home. my Parents well they did not.
Hugs and God's Blessings.Mike G.said that.

Linda said...

I thought of that too Dawn, the wonder of waking up in heaven. But oh the heartache here. I'm praying for all of you.

Barb said...

So sad, Dawn. His family is in my prayers as well as you and his church family. I can only imagine how shocking this is for everyone who knew him.

Nadine said...

I love your thoughts on waking up in heaven. I pray that the rest of the men in the family are tested and there is nothing wrong. I will keep this family in prayer.

Susan said...

Thanks for the update on the cause. That is the blessed way to go really but is always such a shock when they are not even aware there is a health issue.
Susan

Sharon Lynne said...

My heart and prayers are with this family. I am thinking of them, and will pray for their comfort.

Sam said...

I'm certainly praying for Dan's family and all who have been affected by this shocking loss. What a terrible tragedy. I am so sorry.

Carole Burant said...

Dear Dawn,

How very, very sad! I can well imagine what a shock it was for everyone considering he seemed so healthy. It's scary when you think how many of us can have time bombs in our bodies that we don't know about. My heart goes out to his family and friends...at least the one consolation is that he didn't suffer. My prayers are with all of you who knew him. xoxo

Michelle said...

This is so very sad. I just wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, his family and friends, and your entire church.

Susie said...

Hi Dawn,
I'm sure it's somewhat of a relief to know the cause and that there was no suffering.
My prayers continue.
xo