Thursday, November 01, 2012

A Long Overdue Update



I am very sorry to have left you all hanging with this post on September 23.  It has been a long almost 41 days, and I have been by Dwight's side almost all day every day.  It has been exhausting, but we have seen many miracles, large and small.

I began journaling this journey on Facebook the first day, and realized much later that I should have cut and paste each post to this site as well.  By then it was too late.  The World Wide Web Prayer Chain has been amazing - people have read my posts, passed them along to their friends, who have passed them along to their friends.  

I almost lost Dwight on my 65th birthday, September 25.  It is a very long story, and I would love if each of you could catch up on it on Facebook.  I know some of you have no desire to be a part of that site, but it truly has been an amazing resource for me.  If you do decide you want to read my updates, you can find me as Dawn Swanson Carlson.  Some folks have had trouble finding me, even with that specific name.  So if that is the case, and you'll already a member, just send me your FB name and I'll "friend" you instead.  

If you aren't a member and just don't want to be, you could just be my friend only, then cancel when this crisis is over.  

Suffice it to say, he was in ICU for 23 days, and has been in this place called Northern Colorado Long Term Acute Care Hospital for the last 18 days.  I don't see an end in sight, but we'll see.  He has kidney dialysis every other day, and his kidneys are not healing, as we were assured 90% that they would.  Leave it to us to be in the 10%.  We're not giving up yet, praying for yet another miracle.  

As for Kristen, she has not received any further bad news, so we're trusting for the best there.  

Please continue praying for us!  It has been a very hard road we've been on.   

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Sending many prayers your way!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Dawn, Lifting you and your man up right now. May His strength and grace over you and His peace rule your heart and mind.
Hugs, Noreen

Christa said...

Lifting you, Dwight and the rest of your family up in prayers.

Unknown said...

You have been in my prayers every day.

nancygrayce said...

It has been such a privilege to pray for your family! I am still praying for those kidneys!

nannykim said...

Oh, wow, I am wondering how you all are doing. I have not checked your blog for ages. I am so sorry! I will Pray.

Hootin Anni said...

Dawn, I have had you on my mind a lot lately, my iris are coming up [around Christmastime when I my sister was here visiting for a couple of weeks]...and I've been wanting to email you, but can't find your email address in my book of addresses.

Oh my...goodness, I do hope that Dwight has recovered. You are, as I said, in my thought and now prayers. I don't know what to say, 'cause I don't do Facebook at all.

If you have my email...send along a note when you feel up to it so I can be updated dear friend. I've not forgotten you.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I've been praying and checking regularly for updates. I am unable to find you on Facebook. :-( I'll keep praying for you and your family.

Brett Smith said...

Many blessings and prayers for you and your family. Hope you will recover soon from all the hardships and difficulties. Face any hardships in essay writing, get help with Essay-Writing-Library.

Affair Alerta said...

Wow ! Very nice,,,i really like it..bloom tattoos