First of all, I am in a quandary. I have two major things I need to post tomorrow. I want to join in the fun of Morning Glory's ornament parade, but there is another major event going on Friday that I want to honor. I think I may do the ornaments on Friday and post the other on Saturday - please visit me on Saturday, if you can. Thank you!
A former co-worker sent me this today. I was amazed at the source, but thrilled with the content. I don't know who wrote it, so if anyone does, please pass on the credit. I just think we all need to read it and act on it. Have a blessed day!
My Dear Children, it has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a time of pagan festival, although I do appreciate being remembered any time. How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth just, GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Now, having said that let Me continue. If it bothers you that the city/town in which you reside doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santas and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My followers did this there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town. Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can and may remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish; I actually spoke of that one in a teaching explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15: 1-8. If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it.
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
3. Instead of writing George complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up. It will be nice hearing from you again.
4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.
5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him/her.
6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile it could make the difference. Also, you might consider supporting the local Hot-Line; they talk with people who feel hopeless every day.
7. Instead of nit-picking about what the retailer in your town calls "the holiday," be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a Very Merry Christmas, that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families and Me.
8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary, especially one who takes My love & Good News to those who have never heard My name. You may already know someone like that.
9. Here's a good one. There are individuals & whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them (and I suspect you don't) buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Marines, the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me & they will make the delivery for you.
10. Finally if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then BEHAVE like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence, let people know by your actions that you love Me and are one of mine.
P.S ~ Don't forget: I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me & do what I have asked and told you to do, I'll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I'll help you. It's your ball game to win or...
And by the way, do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love.
I LOVE YOU!
Your Savior Jesus Christ