This is my first foray into Alphabet Soup Tuesday, hosted by Morning Glory. Here are a few things that enhance my life, brought to you by the Letter B.
- The sound of the Sunday School chorus, The B-I-B-L-E, being sung by the girlies in the back of the van as we travel down the street.
- Birds in our yard this summer, enjoying the feast provided in our two feeders - the family of finches came back, and this week-end we had about Four and Twenty Blackbirds swooping in and out of the one hanging from the Austrian Pine (and keeping the squirrel away for a time!)
- My bicycle has brought me great enjoyment this summer as it added a bit more exercise to my routine when I rode it to the gym and home in the wonderful early morning air. That has changed now, as I have to pick up the babes at Feisty's preschool when Kristen drops her off there. But I am walking from the gym to the preschool with the stroller to somewhat compensate.
- Babies in the Bathtub - what fun to watch them kick with joy as they bathe together - getting Grandma wet seems to delight them at this young age.
- Books - So many books, so little time! Right now I'm reading Beverly Cleary's two autobiographies, on the advice of Sammy. I finished A Girl From Yamhill today and will begin My Own Two Feet yet this evening. She is 92! I think I'll have to read all of the books she's written - again. If you read the post before last, you know how I feel about Ramona Quimby. The first book of Beverly's that I read was Fifteen, when I was about 14, which was also the first romance novel I ever read. I loved it. I didn't discover Ramona until Kristen was a kid.
- Bronze Sculptures - well, at least the ones that please my senses. Our town is famous for our collection. I will be doing another post, Art in the Park II, soon.
- Brothers - I have three of them, and they are each unique and great in their own ways.
- Bouquets of Blossoms - DC used to send me a bouquet every month - when we first started dating. It was fun to see the envy of my co-workers! (This ended when the realities of life took over and flowers became SO expensive!) I love bouquets from my yard as the flowers change from week to week. It is coming to the end for this year.
- Bedtime - I am pretty tired by the end of the day, and usually fall asleep on a gripping episode of Murder She Wrote.