Monday, September 22, 2008

Alphabet Soup Tuesday




This is my first foray into Alphabet Soup Tuesday, hosted by Morning Glory. Here are a few things that enhance my life, brought to you by the Letter B.

  • The sound of the Sunday School chorus, The B-I-B-L-E, being sung by the girlies in the back of the van as we travel down the street.


  • Birds in our yard this summer, enjoying the feast provided in our two feeders - the family of finches came back, and this week-end we had about Four and Twenty Blackbirds swooping in and out of the one hanging from the Austrian Pine (and keeping the squirrel away for a time!)

  • My bicycle has brought me great enjoyment this summer as it added a bit more exercise to my routine when I rode it to the gym and home in the wonderful early morning air. That has changed now, as I have to pick up the babes at Feisty's preschool when Kristen drops her off there. But I am walking from the gym to the preschool with the stroller to somewhat compensate.

  • Babies in the Bathtub - what fun to watch them kick with joy as they bathe together - getting Grandma wet seems to delight them at this young age.

  • Books - So many books, so little time! Right now I'm reading Beverly Cleary's two autobiographies, on the advice of Sammy. I finished A Girl From Yamhill today and will begin My Own Two Feet yet this evening. She is 92! I think I'll have to read all of the books she's written - again. If you read the post before last, you know how I feel about Ramona Quimby. The first book of Beverly's that I read was Fifteen, when I was about 14, which was also the first romance novel I ever read. I loved it. I didn't discover Ramona until Kristen was a kid.

  • Bronze Sculptures - well, at least the ones that please my senses. Our town is famous for our collection. I will be doing another post, Art in the Park II, soon.

  • Brothers - I have three of them, and they are each unique and great in their own ways.

  • Bouquets of Blossoms - DC used to send me a bouquet every month - when we first started dating. It was fun to see the envy of my co-workers! (This ended when the realities of life took over and flowers became SO expensive!) I love bouquets from my yard as the flowers change from week to week. It is coming to the end for this year.

  • Bedtime - I am pretty tired by the end of the day, and usually fall asleep on a gripping episode of Murder She Wrote.

  • And, of course, last but not least - Blogging. Enough said!


13 comments:

Linds said...

Great list! Susie's is up too.You both have things I forgot like beach and birds!

someone else said...

Fabulous list! Thanks for joining in. I forgot to mention brothers, since I have a plethora of them.

nancygrayce said...

I have 3 brother too....and they are each unique in their own way too....:)

Sam said...

Hi Dawn!

I'm so glad to hear you liked A Girl From Yamhill. I had a feeling you'd really enjoy it! The next one is so good too! If you decide to go through all her books, we're going to have so much to talk about! :-) I loved Fifteen! Also, Jean and Johnny is amazing, as is Sister of the Bride! She's the best! Amazing that she is 92! I wish she'd write another book, but she says she's done.

And I know just what you mean about being surprised that boys were icky even in the 20's and 30's. I had this idea that children were perfectly behaved in those days, but I guess some things just withstand the test of time. Like, boys being pests in elementary school! :-)

Susie said...

Great list :) Lucky you to get a bouquet each month.
I should have added brothers and birds to my list too. We all seem to have several similar joys!
Have a great week.
xoxo

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Dawn:-)

I'm back in the land of blogging! Remind me not to go away for a while now, it's too hard trying to catch up with everyone after I come home! lol

Loved your B list...I especially loved the Babies in the Bathtub. I love watching babies in the tub and the way they splash and squeal:-) When my boys were babies, that was always my favourite time of day!!

I just read your previous post and I'm so proud of you for losing 16 pounds...you can really see the difference in the pictures! As you said, you didn't win the cruise but you lost so you won! lol xoxo

Coe said...

I love Beverly Cleary. I used to read them to the class when I taught 3rd grade. We read Mouse and the Motorcycle and Ramona Quimby. The kids enjoyed them too.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

A great list for the letter "B". I'd have written a lot of the same!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tammy said...

Great list, Dawn!

And how sweet that your husband use to send you a bouquet every month- so romantic! :)

Hugs,
~Tammy

Unknown said...

These are all great joys that begin with B! Babies, books, blogging, and bedtime are some of my favorites. :-)

Needled Mom said...

Great list, Dawn. Everyone has to include "blogging."

What a thoughtful guy to send flowers. They are such a delightful gift.

Nancy said...

The B-I-B-L-E... what a great song! I'm so glad you taught your grands that song. I didn't know about the Beverly Cleary autobiography. Thanks for the heads up... she is a great children's author. Blogging of course is a favorite of mine too but you were right when you wrote in a recent blog that not everyone understands it. Go figure!

Sharon Lynne said...

How interesting. I didn't know Beverly Cleary wrote an autobiography (2 of them!) Were they good? I like reading about the lives of writers.