Sunday, September 21, 2008

Monday Meme

Thank you for all your kind comments on the before/after pictures - I do hope to have some more in the months to come~ ~

And for your concern about our neighborhood drama the other day. This was what appeared in the local paper the next day under the police reports:

"2:28 p.m. A 21-year-old *** man, in the 3800 block of *** Drive, on suspicion of speeding, reckless driving, eluding police, criminal mischief, child abuse, driving under suspension, and on a warrant.


"2:36 p.m. A 19-year-old *** woman, at the intersection of *** Street and *** Drive, on two warrants."

So - I don't know anything specific, but we do know that this guy that was running was not anyone you'd want to spend much time with! I hope he gets his life straightened out.

I seem to have a lack of things to talk about today, so decided to join in the meme that is going around. I've probably discussed everything that is on this list, but here goes, just for fun:

1. What were you doing ten years ago?

Ten years ago - 1998 - Hmmm. This is harder than I thought. All I know for sure is that I was working at the university and had been there for 5 years. Kristen was 23 and had begun working there as well. DC was still at his original company before they decided to "retire" many of their most loyal employees. We were in the midst of our traumatic years, but I can't think of anything specific. So that was exciting, eh??

2. Five things on my to do list for today?

It's the end of this day, so I'll do my list for Monday.

  • Get up early, make DC's lunch, have devotions
  • Go to the gym at 7:00 instead of 8:00
  • Get the babies at 8:30, as Kristen takes Feisty to her first day of preschool
  • Keep the babies occupied until 11:30, when we pick up Feisty from school
  • Take them all home to their mommy
  • Start one of my many kitchen decluttering projects in the afternoon

3. What is your favorite snack?

Unfortunately, it's hard to pin this down to one or two things. Snacking is probably my biggest weight challenge. I like anything chocolate. I also love salted nuts. So put it all together in Trail Mix and that's a diet disaster waiting to happen.

4. If I were a millionaire, I would:

  • Tithe first of all - my church would be so thrilled!
  • Pay off my kids' school loans.
  • Set up college funds for the grands.
  • Be sure my parents' last years were free of financial worries.
  • Set up a trip fund for DC and me so that we could take a nice trip once a year.

5. Places I have lived:

  • Monticello, Minnesota
  • St. Paul, Minnesota
  • Memphis, Tennessee
  • Batesville, Arkansas
  • Heber Springs, Arkansas
  • International Falls, Minnesota
  • St. Paul Minnesota (again)
  • Omaha, Nebraska
  • Bethany, Oklahoma
  • Parsons, Kansas
  • Colorado

Have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I enjoyed reading your answers to the meme, Dawn. Jessica and several others have done this, and I think I've actually been tagged for it, but my thoughts have been too scattered to do much deep thinking about past dates and such. Maybe later...

Happy first day of Fall! :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Mimi said...

I like what you would do if you were a millionaire...you definitely have your priorities in the right order...

groovyoldlady said...

Hi Dawn,

I finally have a post up. ie. Groovy the blogger is back. :D

Our neighborhood has so full of loud, speeding motorcyclists that even Mulletman has started mumbling "Where are those darned police??!!"

Ever try to SEE a Motorcycle license tag? They're microscopic - especailly at 70 mph!

Needled Mom said...

Good meme, Dawn. You have certainly lived in a lot of different places. What fun!

Your schedule sounds pretty busy for today. Aren't we blessed to be so busy in our lives?

I'm with you on the chocolate and nuts. YUM!

Barb said...

Here you are, posting away, and Bloglines isn't showing me your new posts. Arrgghhh..

The before and after photos in the previous post are amazing. Wow, what a difference 16 pounds makes!

Mary said...

Dawn,

I enjoyed the meme and getting to know you just a little better.

Praying for you and your family, my friend.

Blessings,
Mary

Linda said...

Hi Dawn,
I'm trying desperately to get caught up with everyone because my new goal is to limit my time on the computer (like a good, balanced girl).
Your photos are wonderful! I'm proud of you. You've done a great job. I have been struggling to lose 8 pounds for months now. I just can't get myself motivated. We watched "Biggest Loser" last week, and those people lost anywhere from 10 - 23 pounds in a week!! I think I'd be willing to go through the excruciating exercise routine for a week if I could get those results!
Have a good week Dawn!

Nancy said...

It sounds like your days are as busy as mine. You are so fortunate to watch your grands grow up. That is a blessing indeed!

I always learn new things about you when I stop by... can you imagine how much we could learn about each other in a face to face visit? My prayers have started.

Jess said...

Man..you have lived alot of places!

Enjoyed this...I did it too.

Have a great week

Sharon Lynne said...

You've sure been around!

You can see how much you love your kids...(re the million dollars)

I wish I could pay off all my sons debts too, but at this point, it would probably not be helpful.

I agree that traveling would be fun!