And for your concern about our neighborhood drama the other day. This was what appeared in the local paper the next day under the police reports:
"2:28 p.m. A 21-year-old *** man, in the 3800 block of *** Drive, on suspicion of speeding, reckless driving, eluding police, criminal mischief, child abuse, driving under suspension, and on a warrant.
"2:36 p.m. A 19-year-old *** woman, at the intersection of *** Street and *** Drive, on two warrants."
So - I don't know anything specific, but we do know that this guy that was running was not anyone you'd want to spend much time with! I hope he gets his life straightened out.
I seem to have a lack of things to talk about today, so decided to join in the meme that is going around. I've probably discussed everything that is on this list, but here goes, just for fun:
1. What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago - 1998 - Hmmm. This is harder than I thought. All I know for sure is that I was working at the university and had been there for 5 years. Kristen was 23 and had begun working there as well. DC was still at his original company before they decided to "retire" many of their most loyal employees. We were in the midst of our traumatic years, but I can't think of anything specific. So that was exciting, eh??
2. Five things on my to do list for today?
It's the end of this day, so I'll do my list for Monday.
- Get up early, make DC's lunch, have devotions
- Go to the gym at 7:00 instead of 8:00
- Get the babies at 8:30, as Kristen takes Feisty to her first day of preschool
- Keep the babies occupied until 11:30, when we pick up Feisty from school
- Take them all home to their mommy
- Start one of my many kitchen decluttering projects in the afternoon
3. What is your favorite snack?
Unfortunately, it's hard to pin this down to one or two things. Snacking is probably my biggest weight challenge. I like anything chocolate. I also love salted nuts. So put it all together in Trail Mix and that's a diet disaster waiting to happen.
4. If I were a millionaire, I would:
- Tithe first of all - my church would be so thrilled!
- Pay off my kids' school loans.
- Set up college funds for the grands.
- Be sure my parents' last years were free of financial worries.
- Set up a trip fund for DC and me so that we could take a nice trip once a year.
5. Places I have lived:
- Monticello, Minnesota
- St. Paul, Minnesota
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Batesville, Arkansas
- Heber Springs, Arkansas
- International Falls, Minnesota
- St. Paul Minnesota (again)
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Bethany, Oklahoma
- Parsons, Kansas
Have a wonderful week!