Friday, October 17, 2008

Real Life Looms Ahead


It has been such a wonderful week of vacation. We are back in Athens, GA after running around South Carolina and North Carolina for the past week. We have a good time traveling with DC's brother and our SIL. We visited two of their daughters and spent a delightful interlude at Myrtle Beach. Much more to come about all of those things.

It has rained all day today, but the rest of the time has been just beautiful. I just found out that I took 200 pictures. Don't worry - I won't post all of them!

The women's meeting went well and my words were kindly received. I appreciate your prayers and thoughts so much and trust that God will use what He will in the lives of those who were there.

I discovered something great recently - I don't get sick when I read in the car any more - at least on straight roads! I finished two books and am about two-thirds finished with The Shack. It is an amazing book - the author has a tremendous imagination and great spiritual insight. I will have more to say about this in the future as well.

But - tonight I just want to share the special climax of this fantastic get-away. It was lunch with Nancy of Daily Blessings. I love reading Nancy's blog, because she finds blessings in everything that happens to her and she brings blessing to my life because of it.

Getting together with Nancy was a blessing indeed, as she would say. And it was orchestrated by God Himself. When I realized I was going to be in North Carolina on this trip, I wrote and told Nancy. Having no idea where she lives in that beautiful state (to which I had never been before), I told her where we would be. Turns out - she lives 15 minutes away from my niece! We got really excited until we discovered that the very days I was going to be there, she was going to be in Michigan. But - never fear. She was arriving back on Thursday night and we were leaving Friday to return to Athens. I discussed it with my traveling partners and they graciously extended our departure time until after lunch. Just before she left for her trip, we talked on the phone and made arrangements to meet at a lovely restaurant in the small town between her home and my niece's.

Today was the day - we knew each other imediately as she entered the mall where I was waiting. Not only did I have the blessing of meeting and visiting with Nancy, but she brought me this lovely gift.


It was filled with so many thoughtful items - and she has figured me out very well. It is amazing how much we know about each other from just reading what we write. She knows that I have a sweet tooth and more specifically am a chocoholic. You can see little sour jelly jack-o'-lanterns, peanuts, Ghiardelli candies - plus little things to take care of myself. And she's picked up on my love of anything by Max Lucado. Thanks so much, Nancy! I'll think of you often as I use and consume these treats.



We all had lunch together and Nancy discovered DC's goofy personality very quickly. Her hubby was up hunting in our neck of the woods, so we didn't get to meet him. But DC took this shot of the two of us as we had to say good-bye and get back on the road. What a blessing - indeed - it was to meet and visit with Nancy. This blogging adventure never gets boring, does it?

16 comments:

someone else said...

What fun! It's amazing to finally meet a blog buddy and have such an instant connection.

Nadine said...

2000 pictures - wow - sounds like me:).

Meeting a blog buddy is a fun thing. I hope to that later this month for the first time.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Meeting a fellow blogger after reading each other's blogs over months or years time is a really special thing, isn't it? I've been fortunate enough to MIRL with a few of my Blogger buddies and there's nothing else quite like it. It's amazing how much we learn about each other by reading blogs and exchanging emails and snail mail.

Glad you're having a good time. Be careful and hope the remainder of your trip is just as enjoyable as the first part. :o)

Happy weekend!

Love and hugs,

Diane

Nancy said...

Thanks Dawn! It was one of my most exciting adventures ever and I hope we have the opportunity to do it again someday! It was the first thing Joe asked me about when he called tonight (he should be home within the hour), because he knew how excited I was about meeting you. Thanks for all of your kind comments and for always being an inspiration for me. Your compassion and sincerity always shines through. I look so forward to many more years of blogging... you can count on me to be your prayer warrior!

I didn't get to thank DC for the delicious lunch, please express to him how much it meant to me. Your in-laws were just delightful and so tolerant! I have you in my prayers, as you travel tomorrow and get back to the real life.

You are a blessing INDEED! May God bless you richly, my dear friend.

nancygrayce said...

It sounds like you're having a delightful time! Glad your speaking engagement went well. I know it was fun to meet a blog friend.

Mary said...

Dawn,

I am so glad that you and Nancy worked it out so you could meet. It's wonderful to meet blogging buddies. Pea and I met in August and we had a wonderful visit.

I've been to NC several times and it is a beautiful state. If you missed the post of our mini vacation, you might want to visit and scroll down a little. The leaves were beautiful.

Looking forward to your photos.

Blessings for a great weekend.
Mary

Needled Mom said...

Your trip sounds as though it was wonderful. I am excited about seeing the photos that you have taken.

I am also glad to hear that the speaking event was so well received. I know that He will do wonderful things with your words.

What fun it must have been to meet Nancy, I am so thrilled that scheduling worked out so that you two could spend some time together....and what thoughtful gifts that she brought you.

Save journey for the rest of your trip. Hugs.

Diane Viere said...

Dawn,

WELCOME HOME!!!!

Over 200 photos.....Of course! Way to go girl! From one photo lover to another....good job!

I am so glad that you got to meet another blogging friend. These are once in a lifetime blessings indeed!

Talk soon. I'm going to sign off now and write you a LONG email! It's been too long.

Diane

Christa said...

How fun! Can't wait to see the photos you post. Glad everything has been going well.
God Bless

Linda said...

What fun Dawn! I'm sure the two of you had a wonderful visit.
I'm so glad the talk went well. I felt sure it would.
Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, I love your new look. I have so missed visiting your blog the past 6 weeks but like takes us in strange places. Thank you so much for your sweet notes and prayers. They meant more than you can imagine. I'll try catching up again soon. Hugs!

Barb said...

Sounds like you've had a wonderful time and meeting Nancy is just the icing on the cake. How nice for both of you. And how sweet of her to bring you a gift.

Travel home safe - can't wait to see the photos you post.

Susie said...

I can see by your happy smiles that you both loved this chance to meet in real life.
Glad you're having such a good getaway!!
xo

groovyoldlady said...

Hi Dawn,

Glad you're back! I was praying for your time speaking to the ladies; Glad to hear that went well!

What a joy that you got to meet a blogging friend.

Now, when are you coming up to Maine????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Tammy said...

Welcome home, Dawn!
I was just over at Nancy's right before this stop, and love these photos! :D
So jealous, as I told Nancy, because I'd love to meet each of you! Wish I was at that table, too! :)

So glad the women's meeting went well and that you had such a great trip!
Hugs,
~Tammy

Sharon Lynne said...

You gals look like you've been friends for life! Great picture.