Sunday, August 01, 2010

This Week-end I . . .

Keys to the Cottage

  • Took advantage of DC's birthday gift card from his employer for a free dinner.
  • Wished I was in Brockton, Massachusetts to participate in commencement ceremony and service for Kevin's completion of his Teen Challenge program.
  • Heard from missionary friends who surprised him with their presence at the ceremony - we were so appreciative that these folks, who live in Boston, took time from their busy schedules to bless Kevin, and us.

  • Finished Book #3 in the Anne of Green Gables series.

  • Worked with Sema, Kev's wife, to make him a surprise batch of caramel rolls.

  • Got to hug my big handsome son when he got back from the airport - his first trip home in 18 months.

  • Made "Minnesota salad" for Sunday lunch - called that because we can only get the little macaroni rings in Minnesota.

  • Had lunch with our new 4x4 group from church (4 couples eat together 4 times within 4 months).

  • Ended up with the girlies for an extra day and night - Kristen stepped on a huge thorn that had to be dug out of her heel, so is sleeping through the pain.

  • Talked to my young friend from our Cambodian family on the phone.

  • Had the privilege of hearing my nephew preach in the evening service. He's a youth pastor in Olympia, Washington.

  • Went to McD's after church because I didn't have anything in the house for the unexpected four extras to eat.
Have a great week!

12 comments:

nancygrayce said...

What a weekend! I'm so glad you got to hug your Kevin!

Mrs. M said...

Woo ... that was a busy weekend. And how wonderful that you got to see Kevin. The highlight I'm sure :)

Thanks for playing along.

Glenda said...

What a fulfilling weekend you had! I can only imagine the joy of having Kevin home!

I'm reading the Anne of Green Gables books, too. Just bought the entire set for granddaughter Em.

Robin said...

I'm so excited that Kevin got to come home! What a wonderful celebration!
Someday I'm going to read the Anne books again - they are such great books.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh I bet that was so awesome. When Irene gets her degree in ministry, I want to be one of the first ones to hear her.

You had a terrific weekend, to be sure.

Susan said...

A fun packed weekend for you guys. So happy for you that your son is home. I know what a wonderful feeling that is!!!

jmckemie said...

An awesome weekend to be sure! Glad that Luke and family arrived safe but really thankful that Kev is home safe. I will be praying for he and Sema.

Needled Mom said...

Whew!!! And...you managed to do all that e-mailing too?????? I am impressed.

Karen said...

My favorites on your list: making the caramel rolls and hugging your son.

You've reminded me that I've never read the Anne of Green Gables series. I've heard so much about them, I must be missing out on a good read!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad Kevin completed the Teen Challenge program and made it home. :-)

Sharon Lynne said...

Well...that's an organized post! Right to the point!

Sounds like a lot of little blessings and one big one...Kevin!

Hope Kristin's foot gets better soon.

RainyD said...

Dawn - I find it funny that we are reading the same series at the same time. I have always loved Anne (spelled with an E)