I've spent the majority of this day playing with my new toy. I have to admit that my shoulders are a bit tight. Learning curves can be a bit stressful. But I have had no problems with Vista whatsoever. I've discovered that Google has word processing and spreadsheets and everything else you need without having to buy any new softwear products. It took me quite awhile to figure out how to get my pictures to Flickr, but getting them on the computer was easy as can be, because I can just insert my camera's memory card. Slick.
I wanted to comment on some of the comments made on my first "Friday Show and Tell." Several mentioned that the picture reminded them of Ma and Pa Ingalls and Little House on the Prairie." The irony is that DC spent his high school years in Pepin, Wisconsin, which is the setting for Little House in the Big Woods, the first book in the series. I enjoyed the t.v. series to a point, but having read all of the books, I got a bit weary of the long distance they went from reality in the writing of the show. I always thought there were enough "real" stories to tell that they didn't have to make up so many.
Others wondered if we could get some royalties from the family picture being shown on every show that first season (I found out it was the first season by googling the show's name). That would be nice, but I wouldn't know where to start. Any suggestions??
I've been tagged for the Seven Random Things meme by Mary at Mary's Writing Nook. I feel like I've told just about anything imaginable about myself, but I will attempt to coming up with some interesting tidbits - I may be borrowing from my "100 Things", but I have many new friends since I wrote them.
* I was the tallest girl in my high school class. Our class was small enough that we walked by height, so the tallest boy and I were the first ones to walk down the aisle.
* I have the least gray hair of 5 siblings. One brother is certain that I color my hair, but I assure him that I'm too lazy and too cheap to color my hair!
* I lived in 23 houses/apartments (not counting dorm rooms) during the first 31 years of my life; I have lived in the same house for the past 29.
* I like to read and walk at the same time. I also read while doing the bike and the elliptical machine at the gym.
* We were married, dedicated our babies, had our kids' weddings, and dedicated their babies all in the same church.
* All 5 kids in my family graduated from the same small Christian college.
* When I had my first child, I was the same age as my mom was when she had her 5th.
Have a blessed Sunday!