Friday, August 10, 2007

My Heart Is in My Gut

EDITED: Kristen has posted her news HERE. Please read mine first and then go see what she found out.


I know that is not very poetic. It is ugly. But it is how I feel this morning. God granted me peaceful sleep. I woke up around 2:00, whispered another prayer, and went back to sleep.

The news is not good. I will wait to give more details until I've talked to Kristen this morning. I hope she'll share details, and I'll link you to her. I just wanted you to know, since so many of you prayed yesterday. I know she was uplifted by your prayers, because she was calm and strong throughout the day. Please continue to pray that she will be able to concentrate at work. I know I am leaving you hanging, but I feel like it is her place to give me permission to share more.

We are headed into another battle. It is the Lord's. I must remember that.



Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
(Bill and Gloria Gaither)


The fear isn't gone. But I know He will help us, and He does hold the future.


He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials he multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
(Annie J. Flint)


I just got to work. Another thing I found in my over-full drawer of "stuff" accumulated over 12 years was a stack of note cards on which I had written scriptures - one for each day of the month. I don't remember doing it. I don't remember where the ideas came from for the scripture choices. But today - today - I picked this one out of the pile to look at as the day goes by. God is so amazing. Here are the two verses that were written on that card, who knows how long ago?


I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people (Living Bible).


My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness (NIV)
II Corinthians 12:9a


These are the words that came to me as I got up this morning and prepared to write this post.

Psalm 121:1-2 (The Message)

I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.


p48[1]

I am thankful that I can physically lift up my eyes to the hills. This shot is of Longs Peak in Rocky Mountain Park. There are beautiful sights, then there are rugged shots - this is a very tough climb. Ask DC about it sometime. But it is reality - beautiful, but tough. Alot like life.

Thanks for your support. You are a blessing to me.


18 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Oh, your family has been heavy on my heart....the battle is the Lords! I'm so thankful he gave you peace to sleep and I pray He gives Kristin and husband the strength to bear each day! He will, He always does! In Christ's perfect love.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Dawn, my mind is running in so many directions, what the problems(s) could be. No matter what, God is in control.

The words of the hymn "He Leadeth Me" come to mind this morning.

I'll be watching and praying, dear friend.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Carole Burant said...

Just know that we are all here for you and Kristen...I have you both so much in my mind. Whatever happens will be God's will...it's in His hands.Prayers continue. xoxo

Looney Mom™ said...

Praying peace on your entire family as this time. We can never understand the plans of our God but good thing He truly knows what He's doing.

Barb said...

Cameron is with me today, so it's a little hectic around here, but Kristen and Mike have been on my mind ever since I woke up this morning. I prayed for them last night and again this morning.

I'm actually relieved to hear that she got through yesterday with strength and calm. I know this must be so difficult for all of you.

You are all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found those scripture verses in your desk this morning, and so thankful that God gives His grace just when we need it. He will prove faithful through this time, Dawn. Lean heavily on Him.
Continuing in prayer for Kristen, Mike, the baby, and all of you.

Denise

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

You are in my prayers and my heart sweetie! you may not remember writing those scriptures but God knew that you would need them and guided you to do so. Hugs and much love sweetie.

Susie said...

Dawn,
We're just getting things hooked up in the office, but I wanted you to know you and Kristen have been very much on my mind and in my prayers.
Glad to see there's an update, so I'll go check.
xoxo

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I have given you an award! please visit my blog to see it

Linda said...

Dawn, I am so sorry. I just finished writing in my little devotional a while ago how when I read about refining my heart gives one of those little thumps. It is the momentary fear - the taking my focus off Jesus and looking at a fearful future. These times are never easy. I can't say anything more comforting than the words you have posted. They are true. I am praying for all of you.

Nancy said...

My prayers continue for you and your family. You have such a deep and trusting faith in God and I know He will give you and Kristen the strenght that you need. You have listed all the comforting words in your post... so just read them over and over again and know that you have so much support here in bloggersville! Hang in there...
((((((((((Dawn))))))))))

groovyoldlady said...

I took the time to read Kristen's news on her blog. I am and will be praying for her and her whole family. I will be praying for you too, Grandma. I will be praying for you too.

(If I'm too busy to pray, then I'm TOO busy!)

groovyoldlady said...

Totally Unrelated, but since you asked:

Squidoo is a fun place to build free web-ish sites called lenses. I have built ones on thumbsucking, bedwetting, procrastination, my writing, and many other topics (with many in the wings!). I am also helping a sweet disabled fellow get his lenses up and running.

Just click that Squidoo button on my sidebar for a look/see.

Myrna said...

My heart breaks for your family. I don't know Kristen and have just "met" you recently. But, as a mother and grandmother, I understand the fear and hurt you are experiencing. I will be praying.

kpjara said...

I also think of something this pastor said once...he said:

"God will never ask you to do something you can do...He will ask you to do something you could never ever do in a million years!"

The hardest trials are the times of greatest growth! I'm praying God holds you all the way through this trial!

Rita Loca said...

Oh dear sister! I am praying even now.

Sharon Lynne said...

You are listed on a note on my desk next to my computer. I'm praying.

May God give you strength, hope and His peace.

Delia said...

I'm praying.